There are MANY ways that people of all identities can help TWAC.
Funds are always important! We try to keep this camp free to attend, however it is costly to put on. We’d like to ask that if you are able, please donate what you can. You can organize a benefit dinner, performance, show, or speaking engagement, or collect donations any way you can!
- 5 Gallon Buckets w/ Lids
- Shovels, axes, hammers, nails
- White Boards/Markers
- Kids’ games, crayons
Longer, more detailled wish list:
– plywood, shelving for food/library… tools to use such as hammers,
screwdrivers, drill-guns, staple-guns, etc.
– coolers, pots, pans, cooking utensils, cutting boards, large grader,
sharp knifes, measuring cups, tupperware and other different-sized
– 1-2 toothbrushing/hand-washing stations
– Three large containers for dish-washing stations for kitchen use
plus 1-2 hand-washing stations for pre-meal lines
– food staples: oil, rice, dry beans, lentils, oats,
snackies/nuts/crackers/chips, cookies-n-shiz, teas, coffee, i mean
COFFEE, spices/condiments, pasta, spaghetti sauce, cereals,
non-perishable almond/soy/rice milk
– hand-sanitizer, toilet paper, tarps, ropes for
setting up tarps
– medical, mental health and well-being space/needs… first aid must
haves such as iodine, sterile cleaning gauze, tripple-antibacterial ointment, goldenseal and
some tinctures such as anti-anxiety
welcome/tabling area(s): tables and paper-weights, tarp(s)/rain-protection, ropes
+ poles to hang stuff up and also for hanging messaging/banners
Can you lend supplies to camp? Perhaps your favorite Food Not Bombs group has extra pots we could use for a week? Contact us and we’ll be happy to work with you on ways in which we can responsibly borrow supplies!
We definitely need help with outreach. Print and post our flyer, do the facebook thing, announce it at group gatherings, write our website on bathroom walls, whatever! We want to put specific energy into inviting people of color and transgendered women, both demographics whose voice and presence we need more of at TWAC.